Thursday, February 7, 2013

In Which You Find Out I'm A Bit Of A Tv Show Geek


So I did a post talking about some fantasy books I liked, so this time, I decided to talk about TV shows I enjoy. Alright, the main one I like, the best sci-fi show of all time, that's been running for 50 years now...... Doctor Who! :D While I sadly do not have BBC america, I do have netflix. I am truly obsessed with this show. Its amazing, it has so many plot twists, the writers are fantastic (if a bit evil, a.k.a. Moffat! *shakes fist*) and while a lot of it is hilarious, there can be some great morals in them! And yes, I own a few DW T-shirts. As well as over christmas I acquired the eleventh doctor's sonic screwdriver (I already had the tenth doctor's). For non-whovians, a sonic screwdriver is basically a screwdriver that has been upgraded so it is "sonic", meaning it works based on sound. The main character, the Doctor, is almost never without his trusty sonic screwdriver, which works on just about anything. (just not wood) It is my all-time favorite TV show, Its absolutely brilliant and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, and if you are a sci-fi fan, its a perfect show for you. Another really good show, that my friend just got me addicted to, is Merlin. Its a great show, especially if you are a big fan of the stories of King Arthur and the knights of the round table. While its not always factually correct, and it can be a bit cheesy at times, the stories are great, and so are the characters. I'm not as far into Merlin as I am with DW but its proving to be another highly addictive TV show. I'll mention about one more, Downton Abbey. And I have watched all the episodes out of this one, from the first season, to the most current episode this past sunday. Its set in britain in the 1900's, so if you are a fan of pride and prejudice, or emma, you will probably enjoy this. My favorite characters are probably Matthew (so predictable, I know) and Carson (yes the butler, he's awesome). Thats all for now, but I should warn you, all of these shows can be addicting, and I am not responsible for you staying up to finish all six seasons in a row, thats sort of what I did. :P Allons-y! 


     ^This is a picture I took of my eleventh doctor's sonic screwdriver. Ignore the random bokeh in the background, its just my christmas lights :P and yes those are toms flags :D

No comments:

Post a Comment